Do you love Shake and Bake chicken but don’t want to heat up your kitchen by using the oven? Then you need an air fryer! Air fryers are a great way to cook food without heating up your kitchen. Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious chicken dish, look no further than air fryer shake and bake chicken. This dish is simple to make and tastes great, making it the perfect weeknight meal. Plus, because the chicken is cooked in the air fryer, it’s healthy and low in fat. So get ready to enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal!
In this blog post, I will show you how to make Shake and Bake chicken in your air fryer. It’s quick, easy, and delicious! So what are you waiting for? Get out your air fryer and let’s get cooking!
AIR FRYER SHAKE ‘N BAKE CHICKEN
This Air Fryer Shake ‘n Bake Chicken is a quick and easy way to get your chicken fix! Made with just a few simple ingredients, this dish is perfect for a weeknight meal or entertaining guests. And, since it’s made in the air fryer, it’s a healthier option than traditional fried chicken. So, go ahead and enjoy your chicken guilt-free!
INGREDIENTS AND VARIATIONS
- Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken is a healthier alternative to the fried chicken that we all know and love. This dish is made by coating chicken in a breadcrumb and herb mixture, then air frying it to perfection.
- The key to making this dish healthy is to use an air fryer. Air fryers cook food by circulating hot air around it, so there is no need for oil or butter. This means that your chicken will be cooked in its own natural juices, making it much healthier than deep-fried chicken.
- To make Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken, you will need:
– 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– ½ teaspoon of paprika
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- To make the breading for your chicken, simply combine the bread crumbs, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place your chicken breasts in the breading mixture and make sure each piece is well coated.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
HOW TO MAKE SHAKE N BAKE CHICKEN IN THE AIR FRYER?
Air fryers are all the rage these days and for good reason! They offer a healthier alternative to deep frying and can cook up your food in a fraction of the time. One of Air Fryer’s handy features is that it can also be used to make Shake n Bake chicken. This dish is usually made in the oven, but can easily be adapted for an Air Fryer.
Here’s how you can make Air Fryer Shake n Bake Chicken:
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 cup of flour, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Place chicken pieces in the bowl, and coat evenly with the flour mixture.
- Spray your Air Fryer basket with cooking spray, and place the chicken pieces in the basket.
- Air Fry for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Enjoy your Air Fryer Shake n Bake Chicken!
AIR FRIED CHICKEN TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE PERFECT MEAL
Air frying chicken is a great way to get that perfect crispy skin without all the extra oil and fat. But there are a few things you need to know to make sure your air-fried chicken turns out perfectly every time. Here are our top tips and tricks for making the best air-fried chicken:
– Start with skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces for the best results. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts will work too, but they tend to be a bit drier.
– Season your chicken well with salt, pepper, and any other spices you like before breading or coating. This will help the seasoning penetrate into the meat for more flavor.
– If you’re using a breading or coating, make sure to pat it on well so it sticks. Then, let the chicken sit for a few minutes before Air Frying to give the breading time to set.
– Preheat your Air Fryer before adding the chicken. This will help ensure that your chicken cooks evenly.
– Cook the chicken in batches if necessary so that there’s plenty of space around each piece. overcrowding the Air Fryer will make the chicken steam instead of fry.
– Use an Air Fryer basket liner or spray the basket with cooking spray to help prevent sticking and make cleanup easier.
– Don’t forget to flip your chicken halfway through cooking for even browning.
– Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes after cooking before cutting it. This will help prevent it from drying out.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to make perfect air-fried chicken every time! Give it a try and let us know how it turns out.
HOW TO STORE?
Air fryers are amazing for cooking up chicken, but what about storing it? There are a few things you need to keep in mind when it comes to storing your air fryer chicken.
First, make sure the chicken is completely cooled before you store it. You don’t want to put hot chicken into a container and have it start to cook again. This can lead to dry, overcooked chicken.
Next, if you plan on eating the chicken within a day or two, you can just store it in an airtight container in the fridge. However, if you want to keep the chicken for longer than that, you’ll need to freeze it.
To freeze the air fryer chicken, place it in a freezer-safe container or bag. Then, when you’re ready to eat it, thaw it in the fridge overnight and cook it up again in the air fryer.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to store your air fryer chicken perfectly every time!
DO YOU NEED TO FLIP THE CHICKEN IN AIR FRYER?
For perfectly cooked Air Fryer Chicken, you need to flip the chicken halfway through cooking. This ensures that the chicken cooks evenly on all sides.
ARE AIR FRYERS HEALTHY?
Air fryers are a healthier alternative to deep frying because they use less oil. Air fried food is also generally lower in calories and fat than its deep-fried counterpart.
CAN I COOK FROZEN CHICKEN IN AN AIR FRYER?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in an air fryer! Just be sure to increase the cook time by about 50%.
Air fryers are one of the hottest kitchen appliances on the market right now. And for good reason: they’re amazing!
How do you Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken?
Preheat your air fryer to 400F. In a bowl, mix together 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Place chicken in the bowl and coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the chicken in the basket in a single layer. Cook for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Serve and enjoy!
Can you Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken without preheating?
Yes, you can Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken without preheating. Simply coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture and place it in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400F for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Serve and enjoy!
How long do you Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken?
Cook time will vary depending on the size of your chicken pieces. For smaller pieces, cook for 10 minutes at 400F. For larger pieces, cook for 15-20 minutes at 400F. Flip chicken once halfway through cooking time. Serve and enjoy!
Can you Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken without Panko bread crumbs?
Yes, you can Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken without Panko bread crumbs. Simply substitute the Panko bread crumbs for regular bread crumbs or crushed crackers. The coating will not be as crisp, but the chicken will still be delicious!
How do you Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken without spraying the basket?
You can Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken without spraying the basket by using a non-stick cooking spray or lining the basket with foil or parchment paper. This will help to prevent sticking and make cleanup a breeze!
The Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken was a success! It was simple to make, tasted great, and the cleanup was easy. I would definitely recommend this recipe to anyone looking for an easy weeknight meal. Thanks for following along with me on this journey into the world of air frying. Be sure to check out my other air fryer recipes, like my Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Wings or Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges. And don’t forget to tag me in your own photos on social media so I can see how they turned out!